Goals for Enhancing Library Spaces
Ensure that the Libraries’ physical space develops in coordination with the evolution of the teaching and research needs of the University.
Complete the Perkins Project, a way of continuing to adapt Libraries spaces to user needs.
- Initiate the renovation of the 1928 and 1948 portions of the Perkins Library to provide enhanced spaces for instruction, research, exhibition and curation of Special Collections materials.
- Create humanities labs and other collaborative spaces for faculty and students.
Regularly assess space usage in all Libraries locations and align space planning with evolving user needs.
- Implement a plan to assess on a regular basis how effectively Libraries spaces serve the needs of different user populations and how resources should be allocated in those spaces.
Activities Pertaining to Enhancing Library Spaces
- Raising funds for the completion of the Perkins Project .
- Planning new spaces to support student multimedia development.