The Rubenstein Library offers a variety of reproduction options to help researchers make use of our collections.
Make a reproduction request
Submit a reproduction request online or from our reading room. You'll be able to tell us what materials you would like reproduced and any format or quality specifications you might have through the form. A staff member will confirm your request and send you an invoice. Please be as specific as possible with your request. If you require assistance identifying material, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duke students, faculty, and staff orders will be prioritized during fall 2020 with an expected turnaround time 2 weeks.
Paying for and receiving your order
- For reference quality scans (low-resolution), we are waiving fees at this time. Each request will be limited to 250 pages (max).
- For high resolution images, digitization is done at a rate of $25/hour.
- You will be able to pay your invoice by Visa, Mastercard or check. We do not accept cash.
- For non-Duke researchers, your order will be delivered online 6-8 weeks after we receive your payment. We cannot produce photographic prints or slides, only digital scans.
- Reproduction orders are non-refundable. However, we will work closely with you to ensure that the reproductions meet your needs.
- It may not be possible to copy some items in our collection due to donor restrictions, copyright issues, preservation concerns, or physical size.
- The Rubenstein Library reserves the right to refuse a reproduction request if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the request would involve violation of copyright law.
- Reproductions may not be made for or donated to other repositories.
Reading room scanning options
- Use one of our HoverCams, a high-resolution, standalone document camera. HoverCams attach to your Mac or Windows computer and allow you to save images directly to your laptop.
- Bring your camera or camera phone into the Rubenstein reading room to snap digital photos of materials.