Duke students, faculty and staff have off-campus access to many databases and e-journals. Patrons can use one of the following methods to retrieve these resources.
Access via the Internet
- On the library’s main webpage, click on the “Online Journal Titles” link. This link is located beneath the main search box.
- Type the partial or full title of the electronic journal in the search box on the Online Journal Titles page and click “Search.”
Click the resulting link to access your electronic journal.
- Type in your current Duke NetID and password to access the journal.
Note: You cannot get off-campus access to some of Duke's electronic resources, such as our Bloomberg Terminal or those restricted by license agreements.
Access via Duke's VPN
- Download and install the current version of the Duke Virtual Private Network (VPN). Your initial log-in screen will look like this:
- Click on the "Group" dropdown menu, and select "Library Resources Only."
- Type your current Duke NetID and password into the appropriate fields.
- Click the login button to connect.
View Academic Journals on any device: iOS, Android or on the Web
- Use the Browzine app to access academic journals through Duke Libraries on your Android and iOS mobile devices or at browzine.com.
Get Access From Off Campus
Trying to access journals or other e-resources from an off campus location? Install our Library Access Button!